We have put together the perfect checklist for your special day! Use our comprehensive wedding checklist to help plan the special day!
10-12 Months Before
- Find out who pays for what and start a budget
- Create a guest list
- Compare calendars and select a tentative date
- Choose your wedding party
- Send your engagement photo to the local paper
- Visit and BOOK your reception site, and arrange for parking
- Visit and BOOK your ceremony location, including rehearsal time
- Create a save-the-date guest list
6-9 Months Before
- Schedule and execute Engagement session if creating custom save-the-dates
- Alert out-of-town guests of wedding date and/or send save-the-date
- Begin trying on wedding dresses and veils.
- Start looking at floral designs and interview florists for style and cost
- Research wedding photography and interview photographers/videographers.
- Finalize flower and décor ideas, and select a florist. Include specifics of each floral arrangement in your contract
- Finalize contracts with your wedding photographer and videographer
- Choose your officiate and discuss ceremony ideas
- Select three hotels in varying price ranges and reserve rooms for out-of-town guests
4-6 Months Before
- View wedding invitation styles and research proper wording
- Look at photos to get ideas for wedding cake designs, and meet with bakers to taste samples
- Discuss menu ideas with your catering manager
- Look for the groom’s tux and decide what groomsmen will wear
- Confirm your bridesmaids ordered their gowns and decide on accessories
- Place your wedding invitation order
- Research and book your rehearsal dinner location
- Notify any family or friends whom you would like to give readings, sing solos, serve as guest book attendant, etc.
- Interview and hire any babysitters needed.
2-3 Months Before
- Finalize guest list and submit invitation
- Confirm tuxes have been ordered for groom/groomsmen
- Choose your get away! Finalize wedding transportation
- Mail invitations eight weeks before your wedding day!
1-2 Months Before
- Begin writing thank you notes for bridal showers and early wedding gifts, and update your registry at the same time.
- Research where to get your marriage license
3-4 Months Before
- Prepare a must have shot list for your wedding photographer and videographer
- Finalize your “must play” and “don’t play” music lists and review with musicians/DJ
- Design and order your wedding program
- Call guests who haven’t RSVP’d
- Get your marriage license, typically no earlier than 30 days before the wedding
- Research how to change your name
1-2 Weeks Before
- Finalize your wedding day schedule (including receiving-line order) and share with attendants, parents, and all vendors
- Confirm final headcount
- Give final attendance numbers to vendors and confirm final date/time for deliverables and pick-ups after wedding
- Finalize your seating arrangements (making sure you involve both sets of parents) and submit to the caterer
- Prepare place cards
- Confirm dates/times/locations for all photo and video sessions the day of the wedding
- Confirm dates/times/locations with all vendors
The Day Before