I know the months leading up to your big day are going to be crazy busy with all the planning. But be sure to check these few tips off of your to-do list!
1. Figure out what you are doing after the wedding! I’m not talking about your honeymoon, I mean once the party is over! Where are you going to go? If you’re interested in keeping the party going, find a late-night spot near the hotel. Otherwise, make sure you have your hotel room reserved to sneak away as a married couple!
2. With that in mind, make sure to pack your overnight bag! If you’re allowed to check into your hotel room early, have someone drop your overnight bag at the hotel before the evening begins. If your things can’t arrive sooner, bring your bag to the wedding and find a safe spot for it in the bridal suite.
3. Besides planning where your guests are going to sit, you will need to figure out where everything else will go. Decorations, the vendors, menus, place cards…how you want your centerpiece laid out! If your venue’s staff will be setting out these items, find out when you can drop everything off. Some venues want everything a couple of days before your wedding, while others will not take anything until the actual day.
4. Be sure to thank your wedding party! When gifts are coming in left and right for you, It’s hard to remember that you also need to give some out! Everyone who plays a role in your big day from your parents to the in-laws as well as your bridsmaids deserve something! Nothing big, but enough to say thank you for helping you get through the day.
5. Signing your marriage certificate after the wedding ceremony is one of the most important aspects of your day! After all, it’s the reason you threw a wedding in the first place! Be sure to have everything ready to be signed!